Who is Asergis Property?
Asergis property is a subsidiary of Asergis Group. Based in Malta, we own and operate a number of properties across the island for both long let & short let. Furthermore we also rent, buy and sell properties for third party clients.
Some properties require a security deposit to be paid on check-in. Security deposits must be paid in cash and will be refunded once the property is found to be as left. The amount of the security deposit refunded would depend on the extent of damages found by the property host or representative on check-out.
Property listings will indicate whether or not the property requires a security deposit, and the amount will be listed on both the initial booking form and the Booking Voucher
A property may or may not have a minimum stay at any given point in time. The property listing will indicate whether or not a minimum stay is applicable for the time period requested.
Number of days before the start date of your trip that we receive your notice to cancel (or on which you are deemed to have cancelled)
- More than 90 days – no charge. Deposit is fully refundable
- 90 to 30 days - 25% of the total booking cost
- 29 days to 8 days - 50% of the total cost
- 7 days or less - 100% of Total cost
On the other hand, if you wish to alter your booking (e.g. change the dates of your stay or the accommodation requested), the Company will do its utmost to comply with your request. However, the Company cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so and cannot accept any liability for any loss, damage or additional expense that you may incur in such circumstances. Delayed arrivals (without notifying in advance the Company) will be treated as cancellation. If your stay is reduced in length please see the section on Price bands for information on the price you will be charged.
You will not be charged to change your booking as long as you do so at least 90 days before you check-in. Other scenarios as follow ;
- 90 to 30 days - 25% of the total cost or 50% of deposit (including any balance of deposit due), whichever is greater.
- 29 days to 8 days - 50% of the total cost or full deposit (including any balance of deposit due), whichever is greater.
- 7 days or less - 100% of Total cost
You will also be liable to pay the difference in prices if your modified booking is for a more expensive property or time period.
Standard check-in is at 15:00; however, we will do our best to accommodate earlier and late check-ins with advance notice. Very late and very early check-ins will be subject to an additional fee of €35.
Check out is at 10:00 on the day of departure. Later check-outs can be arranged by communicating with us in advance. Check-outs after 10:00 will count as an additional night’s stay. If you are found to still be in the property after check-out without advance notice, you will be subject to a full day’s rental charge.
A host will meet you at the property at the pre-arranged check-in time to provide you with the keys, show you around the property and complete all paperwork.
Check-out by simply leaving all sets of keys to the property on the kitchen counter when you depart.
If you are delayed, contact your host immediately using the number listed on the booking voucher to inform them of your delay. We strongly advise that you provide us with your flight number so that we may monitor flights for delays.
If you are delayed and fail to inform us or are delayed for flight reasons but have not given us your flight number and did not inform us, we reserve the right to charge a service fee of €35 for late check-in.
Bookings will be cancelled and all monies paid forfeited if you fail to arrive by 12 noon of the day following your scheduled check-in date.
Buying a Property
- Setting a budget - Set yourself a budget and stick to it. It is important to know where you stand as you will most likely be paying monthly payments to a bank for the most part of your life and while the bank won’t even lend you money you cannot afford paying back, the detriment you will find yourself if you try to take up a property with a loan that you can't afford will be just as awful.
- Viewing - Once you have decided on what kind of property you will be looking at, start visiting some properties. Don’t get stuck searching online waiting for the perfect property, go out there and have fun exploring different properties, this will help you understand better what should you be expecting for the money you will be spending
- Consultation - If you have looked around some properties and think you have found just that perfect space for you on this island, start by visiting the property at least 2 times before moving forward with any commitments. Take a qualified architect over to inspect the place if needed and be sure to ask any question to your agent.
- Promise of Sale - Once you have negotiated the price and agreed on any terms and conditions with the owners of the property you should move on to signing the promise of Sale ( konvenju )
- Searches - Once the promise of sale has been signed by both parties a notary public will carry out the necessary searches to very legal title and to ensure that there is no outstanding debts, lien or hypothecs on the property. From the buyers side, they need to also take care of some requirements ex. Check on building permits, ensure bank loan is issued.
- Once all of the above is done by both parties, all is left is to meet to sign the final deed. ( date of final deed will normally be decided during the promise of sale )
- Standard Stamp Duty rate of 5%
- 20% of the total stamp duty to be payable on the promise of sale with the remaining balance payable on the final deed of purchase.
- Gozo - residential properties bought in Gozo qualify for a reduced rate of stamp duty at 2% as long as the promise of sale is signed and registered in 2017.
- Notary Fees which are normally around 1% of the property price
- If there is ground rent related to the property, the buyer will have to pay a recognition fee ( Laudemium ) which is 1 year worth of ground rent and also the ground rent for the property itself.
Listing your property For Sale or To Let
In the for sale section a button titled “ Rent / Sell your property” will be available for registered users which will direct you to a form for you to fill in. Once submitted it will be sent over to our admin so we can process your request.
In the letting section a button titled “ Rent / Sell your property” will be available for registered users which will direct you to a form for you to fill in. Once submitted it will be sent over to our admin so we can process your request.
Listing your property with us is fairly simple and straight forward. When choosing to list a property for sale you just need to hit the “Rent / Sell your property” button and you will be redirected to a page containing a form with necessary fields. Once you fill it in and submit it will be sent to our administrator which will pass it on to one of our agents.
Once the agent gets your request he will contact you to schedule a visit so he can have a better idea of your property and even meet you in person so you know who you are dealing with. Once the agent gets all the necessary information and pictures he will proceed with listing the property details on our website
Feedback & other queries
Perhaps you are experiencing an issue on Asergis properties which has not been addressed in the topics above, or you would like to give us feedback on our website or our advertising? Our User Support team will be happy to answer any queries you have. Please send us your message.